I Spy... Haworth!
Have you heard of the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon? If you’ve ever purchased a car and started noticing your model everywhere that is precisely what I’m talking about. The Baader-Meinhhof phenomenon is when you notice, experience or are told about something and you start to see it everywhere you look. My introduction to the contract furniture industry has been quite similar. Over the past 9 months, I have become more familiar with various product lines and manufacturers and I am starting to spot them everywhere...even in some of my favorite TV shows!
I spy Haworth in:
The Office (US) : Improv Guest Seating
Have you ever wanted to be a part of one of Michael Scott's famous "Conference Room Meetings"?! The Dunder Mifflin employees have spent an enormous amount of time over the course of 9 seasons sitting in the Improv guest chairs. These chairs are a staple in the show and can be found in most episodes. Although The Office ended in 2013, the Improv guest chair is still a relevant option for guest and side seating with its countless variations and finish options.
Silicon Valley: Very Task Chair
From one quirky office to another, the guys over at Pied Pipper on HBO's Silicon Valley knows how to choose a task chair. In their office design, they chose to go with the Very task chair.
"The Haworths are like a spa day for the buttocks." - Jared Dunn
And it's true. Check out the standard features that come with each Very task chair:
- Balanced 3-point tilt to support a comfortable relaxed posture
- Tilt tension control offers personalized support to increase or decrease resistance as you recline
- Seat height adjustment ensures comfort for the users legs (Pro Tip: your feet should be flat on the ground and thighs should be parallel to the ground. Ladies, adjust your seat daily depending on what shoes you wear, flats vs heels)
- Seat depth adjustment allow users to adjust the seat pan depending on leg length
- The back lock allows users to lock the back of the chair in an upright position
Optional features include:
- Lumbar support that is both asymmetrical and height adjustable
- Height adjustable and 4D arms to support the neck and back, and assist with standing or sitting
- Forward tilt allows the user to sit in an upright forward position while still maintaining proper back support
- Headrest for extra neck and head support
Two and a Half Men: Zody Task Chair
We wouldn't recommend removing the height adjustable feature as Ashton Kutcher's character was accused of doing on an episode of Two and a Half Men. Proper height adjustability is key to avoiding back and neck pain in long-term sitting.
The Zody task chair is a product of more than two years of research and development.
- First (and only) Chair ever endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- First Chair to be Cradle to Cradle™ Gold Certified Product by McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry
- First Chair with Asymmetric Lumbar and PAL™, a passive pelvic support, and a patent-pending user-selected asymmetrical lumbar support.
Now it’s your turn! Can you spot your favorite Haworth products in any of these shows?
- Grey's Anatomy
- Criminal Minds
- Modern Family
- And many more!