Employee Spotlight: Bill Karczynski
Meet Bill Karczynski!
Bill is ISCG’s very own road-warrior Project Manager. He has been instrumental in the successful installation of some of our largest and most complicated projects. A wealth of knowledge with over 20 years of experience we are so happy to have him on our team and this week we are going to learn a bit more about him. Bill resides in Lincoln Park with his wife and three daughters (#girlgang) and enjoys outdoor activities like biking and camping.
1. How long have you been with ISCG?
I’ve been with ISCG for three years, but I had actually worked with them since I started in the business about 20 years ago.
2. You’re our very own ‘Mr. Fix It’ - can you really fix anything?
Basically, if it can be fixed I can fix it. I haven’t found anything that has been able to beat me yet.
3. If you were a product that ISCG provides, what would you be and why?
I would be a combo file island because I’m versatile and have a lot of product information.
We couldn’t agree more with this sentiment. Bill goes to numerous places every day with a huge smile on his face and brings a wealth of knowledge to our customers.
4. What three traits define you?
Honesty, Dedication and Empathy.
5. What is your favorite part about working for ISCG?
With ISCG I always feel like I’m part of the team. It would be easy for any organization to lose sight of an employee who is out on the road as much as I am, but the leadership and my colleagues here always make me feel included.
6. You’re on the road all the time; any tips for the cold weather quickly approaching?
Dress warm and in layers. You want to be warm outside but if you’re going in and out of warm places all day you’ll need to be able to peel off a jacket or two.
7. How do you spend a lazy Saturday?
You can find me on my couch enjoying some football (Go Blue!) and food when I’m not working on my extensive ‘honey-do’ list.
8. We are passionate about being a Woman Owned Business, does that mean anything significant to you being a Dad of three girls?
I’ve always taught my daughters to know where they stand and their power both in the workplace and in life. It’s actually very important to me that I work for an organization that sets such a great example for female leaders.
9. Do you have a favorite quote, if so what is it?
“Get busy living or get busy dying.” – Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption. That’s one of my favorite movies and if it’s on TV I guarantee I’ll be watching it.
10. What is one fact about you that may surprise our blog readers?
“I’m not into social media…I don’t blog, Facebook or have a tweeter”.